Area Sales Manager - Africa
In a role where prospection and market analysis are key, you have the opportunity to build a whole new business region for a global leader in its market. You will be part of prestigious international projects and at the same time travel the world.
- You are responsible for the commercial development of Petersime’s activities in Sub Saharan Africa, which is a rather new region that still needs to be developed.
- You focus on prospection and developing new contacts with different stakeholders via a thorough and structured market analysis (mapping prospects, countries, competitors...).
- In the countries already covered by agents, you support, guide and develop the agents’ (who follow leads) knowledge both technically and commercially. But you will also meet the main customers or prospects with the agents.
- You use a consultative sales approach. You will focus on understanding the business, its market and target audience.
- You are in charge of the negotiations with your prospects or agents. You will listen to your customers and understand what is needed to create added value.
- You participate and represent the company in local and international trade shows
- You cooperate closely with colleagues from other departments (such as marketing, internal sales, aftersales, R&D, ...).
- You submit information into the ERP system and report to the Sales Director responsible for the African region.
- You preferably work from the Belgian office in Olsene (Zulte) when not travelling.
- You preferably have a master’s degree or at least a master’s level of thinking. Petersime works within complex technical environments.
- You preferably have some years of experience in (international) sales with a genuine interest in technology/industry/machines. School leavers with the right motivation, long term vision and eagerness to learn (commercially and technically) are also welcome.
- You are willing to travel frequently (average 50% depending on market and active projects) and are intrigued by doing this in the continent of Africa.
- You can present a high level of energy and drive to build on a new story and does not quite after setbacks. You can easily adapt to different levels of stakeholders and cultures.
- You are an independent sales person who works in a structured way and aims at building long term relationships.
- You have an excellent knowledge of English and preferably too in French. Knowledge of Dutch and / or Portuguese would be a plus.
- A challenging position at a growing, innovative and technological company. Within this job you get the chance to be at the root of developing a new commercial region for an already world leader in its market.
- You get the chance to develop an international sales career within a top company with clear vision and where there is plenty of room for initiative and creativity while getting support from experienced colleagues.
- You will have a wide variety of discussions and approaches with different types of customers (from small to billion dollar companies) and experience different cultures.
- In addition Petersime offers a competitive salary that comes with a good package of fringe benefits (such as company car and insurance plans).
Information & application