Customer Support Engineer (Southeast Asia)
Petersime is looking to strengthen its service team in Southeast Asia with a Customer Support Engineer, who will be based at Petersime Southeast Asia hub, Ara Damansara, Malaysia.
The Customer Support Engineer is responsible for the coordination, under the guidance and supervision of the Service Manager, of all technical problems and/or quality-related incidents that can occur in the industrial, automated incubators and/or HVAC installations that were designed and installed by Petersime.
The Customer Support Engineer is, in team with the Service Manager, the point of contact for the customers in a certain region and ensures the pro-active follow-up of all technical cases of these customers.
- You will be responsible for analyzing the problem, and for the implementation and proactive follow-up of a solution for our customers.
- When necessary, you will coordinate quality problems with the quality department or you will try to obtain a design change with the internal R&D department.
- You will become a specialist in industrial incubators by building in-depth technical expertise in hatchery technics & HVAC. In order to do this, you will e.g. analyze the data in the HMI interface of our machines to find out the technical causes. Internal training will be provided.
- You will organize the case follow-up of your customers in a CRM package and will manage troubleshoot and/or installation instructions in a knowledge database that is used by your fellow support engineers.
- Under the guidance of the Service Manager, you will be responsible, as knowledge coach, for a certain area of technology within Petersime, and will create the necessary documents that can be consulted by an international team of 60 Field Service Engineers.
- You will build a personal and long-term relationship with your customers, a rather small group of specialists.
- For certain high-level field cases you will be needed to travel on-site for analysis/troubleshooting, within the shortest possible time; such interventions are called ‘Quick Market Interventions’ (QMIs) and are estimated to occupy 20 to 30% of the worktime.
- In a later stage you will give technical trainings to customers during the S-Line training sessions arranged by the Malaysian hub. You will set the training agenda, follow up the training results and keep the courses and presentations up-to-date.
- You will respond to the Service Manager Southeast Asia.
- Malaysian nationality (Malaysian citizen living in Malaysia).
- Bachelor or Master degree in a technical field; an electrical engineer degree is a plus.
- Broad technical all-round knowledge (electricity, electronics, control systems, mechanics, etc.).
- Knowledge of cooling techniques and climatization systems is a plus.
- Minimum five years of field or help desk experience (service oriented technical support engineering).
- Good problem-solving skills and attitude.
- Fluent spoken English and good level of written English are required.
- Flexibility and independence.
- Personal required qualities: accurate, eager to learn, customer-orientation, proactivity, presentation skills, capability to independently communicate and coordinate with different departments.
- Availability to travel.
- Full time employment.
Training will be conducted at Petersime HQ in Belgium for a period of one or two months, according to the needs.
Additional training will be provided in Malaysia and on the field during on-going installations.
Information & application