The Production Manager is responsible for managing, organising and planning all production activities within the organisation, and to formulate proposals for the optimisation of strategic production policy, within the frameworks of prescribed safety and quality standards, in order to guarantee the realisation of the operational objectives. As a member of the management team, you report directly to the COO. You are chairman of the Safety and Prevention Committee (CPBW).
- You are manager of a team of supervisors, process and maintenance engineers, and indirectly responsible for a workforce of more than 100 FTE, responsible for production, production planning, maintenance and process engineering.
- You implement investment plans, supporting company strategic goals. You draw up, manage and follow up the working budget and provide corrective adjustments to ensure that an optimum in allocation of working resources is obtained within the general budgetary vision.
- You gain the overview of production processes, you guide your supervisors to verify that products are manufactured in accordance with technical specifications, standard operating procedures and quality standards.
- You set production priorities by balancing job timing, costs and quality standards based on volumes, equipment efficiency and material supply.
- You support and lead continuous improvement in safety, delivery accuracy, customer and employee satisfaction and you implement plans to improve quality and production efficiency.
- You coach the employees and work on their development, together with the support of HR, to ensure their competences, skills and know-how can be developed to the best advantage and towards a well-functioning department.
- You promote interdepartmental cooperation (R&D, Purchase, Supply Chain, Quality, HR etc.) and consult with social partners within the framework of general business guidelines to ensure that social harmony is boosted.
- Master degree in engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years management experience within an operations environment
- Experience in a blue collar site
- Experienced in managing industrial and Labor Relations issues is preferred
- Knowledge and qualifications:
- Proven track record of leading and achieving results in a high-volatile (machining and assembly) manufacturing environment is a plus
- Ability to build and motivate heterogeneous teams
- Good developed analytical skills and competent in assessing situations based on KPI’s and able to make key decisions based on experience and judgment
- Good developed PC skills (MS Office – Microsoft Dynamics AX)
- Energetic personality who worked successfully in a matrix structure and who is driven by objectives, solutions and results to ensure stretching targets are achieved
- Knowledge of implementation of World Class Manufacturing is an asset
- Technical all-round knowledge (mechanical assembly, CNC machining, sheet metal machining, electricity, electronics, automation, HVAC, …)
- fluency in English and Dutch is a must, French is a nice-to-have
Information & application